Many of the great action movies and TV shows are based on the heroin vindicating themselves from the antagonist. When we are wronged we look for retribution. But what does God want? Is revenge something that we can biblically justify? As I read through the bible, I see that God has a way of turning the paradigm upside down. When I want to judge others he says to look in the mirror (Matthew 1:1-5).
When I want to fight He says pray first (remember Jericho; Josh 5:13-6:27). When I want to hate my enemy, He says love them.
And that is what we see David doing in 1 Sam 24.
God’s desire is that we give everything up to Him and trust that He will do what is right. Our desires need to take a back seat to what the Spirit is leading us to do.
Love your enemies by: Honoring God's voice rather than man's voice.
1. Honor the symbols of God blessing in their life.
2. Establish "God names" for them.
3. Establish a humble name for yourself.
Do Something: Identify an enemy; perform an act of kindness toward them.
To watch video or dl to mp3, go to...http://www.therocksandiego.org/messages/2008-07-20/ |
No comments:
Post a Comment