Barack Obama and Gay Marriage/ Civil Unions:
Although Barack Obama has said that he supports civil unions, he is against gay marriage. In an interview with the Chicago Daily Tribune, Obama said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."
Barack Obama did vote against a Federal Marriage Amendment and opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996.
He said he would support civil unions between gay and lesbian couples, as well as letting individual states determine if marriage between gay and lesbian couples should be legalized.
Source: http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/lesbianactivism/p/BarackObama.htm
See more of the same statements on his own campaign website and on CNN (http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/issues/issues.samesexmarriage.html)
Just words? Obama and Biden flips on their position. In a letter he sent to SanFran based LGBT letter cited in article http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=37932. BO says he is against Prop 8 (despite BO/JB own voting records, their website and Obama hugging CNN). Biden said on Ellen that he would vote no on 8 if he lived in ... Read MoreCA. Too bad we can't check his words with his actions. Other online searches on the matter say over and over again that BO said he is against states imposing gay marriage (hello MA and CA judges?) but no on 8?
Honestly, I don't know what his truth is. How can you not support gay marriage but not support Prop 8? I think the No on 8 people should ask them two for the truth without disclosing where they stand to get the truth, as they should be surprised at the pandering that was going on to get their vote, our side's vote too i guess. For me, I'm not surprised in their contradictions/based-on-audience approach. Done it many times before as in guns and religion and coal mines. I don't care where people stand as much as I care about them being truthful.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My life vision is to use my spiritual gifts and enthusiasm (Greek for God-within) to glorify God and bring heaven down to earth so that all may know that there is an infinite God that unleashes the potential in each of us for the greater good.



2 comments:
It's ironic that you are such a big supporter of free speech, yet you have deleted all the comments left on your blog.
Interesting.
no renee, i have never deleted any comments on my blog. the only thing that was ever deleted was actually my own which i reposted. it would not let me 'edit'... so this is merely an assumption of me. any more?
Post a Comment