Thursday, June 26, 2008

Church Searching

You Asked: We have been searching for a church for over 3 years now with no luck finding the perfect church.

We are looking for a medium sized church that has an awesome children's ministry, good local and international outreach, rockin' worship music, and is close by to Poway.



Jen Answered: I have met someone who goes to The Well in Poway and loves it. I have not attended it but here is their site: http://www.thewellpoway.com/

According to her, it is what you described: local, small, contemporary and great children's ministry.

I personally found my calling after church searching for over a year at The Rock (http://therocksandiego.org). I was searching of a place that I could serve in and not just attend. There are 60+ ministries - everything from the Stripper/Adult outreach and the Junior High Extreme Sports Camp.

Last month, almost 300 people from our church went to Jamaica to serve in the largest ministry event the island has ever seen. Everything from medical services, building schools, and ministering to the deaf and sick was part of the itinerary. 30,000 Jamaicans per night, got to take part in a 3-night musical event that introduced to them the love of Jesus.

I pray that you find your place too. It was only then that my thirst was filled and I cannot say enough praises to my Caller

Great churches in San Diego from recommendations from colleagues and acquaintances

http://horizon.org/ (Fairbanks Ranch)
http://shadowmountain.org/ (El Cajon)

Jen

No comments:

 

My life vision is to use my spiritual gifts and enthusiasm (Greek for God-within) to glorify God and bring heaven down to earth so that all may know that there is an infinite God that unleashes the potential in each of us for the greater good.