Friday, June 20, 2008

How did you meet your Husband?!


We met online somewhat through a college course... Managerial Accounting. I had posted my AIM name to buddy up with on the online tests. No one replied. Class was too hard and I dropped out. I didn't have anything else to do so i worked all day and partied every night of the week. One morning at 4 am, I get home, turn on the pc and this guy IMs me. It goes on for about 2 months every time I return from partying. I finally meet him on January 1, 2005. We have been inseparable since. He helped stopped some really stupid things I was doing and got me to see REAL life and not the one behind the eyes of a drunkie. I straightened up. Got proposed to in March. Married November. Conceived 8 months later. Now have a 15 month old and life is just beautiful. We dedicated our life to God. Life is peaceful and meaningful. We graduated last month together, same school same major. He loves where he works and I love being a SAHM.

Yes, some people may think that it was all too quick and all too soon. Maybe, but I was already in a 7 year relationship and saw for myself that length of time of anything had nothing to do with how well you get along together. 7 years of pain and some abuse will not all of a sudden just change into greatness. Just start off with greatness and a healthy relationship is more likely to flourish.

No comments:

 

My life vision is to use my spiritual gifts and enthusiasm (Greek for God-within) to glorify God and bring heaven down to earth so that all may know that there is an infinite God that unleashes the potential in each of us for the greater good.